The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow live with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: Boateng back to Manchester
Jerome Boateng failed to settle during his first spell in Manchester, but that hasn’t derailed Jose Mourinho’s pursuit of the defender.
According to the Manchester Evening News, the former City centre-back will be allowed to leave Bayern Munich this summer, with United leading the queue for his signature.
Intriguingly, the report mentions that Boateng is “one of two footballers represented by Roc Nation sports agency alongside Romelu Lukaku”.
Mourinho has made it clear he wants an experienced defender to lead a title challenge next season, and the 29-year-old Boateng could fit the bill.
Grealish race heats up
Aston Villa wonderkid Jack Grealish is a wanted man, with Sky Sports reporting that Tottenham have made a £15 million bid for his services.
Villa are in serious financial trouble after missing out on promotion to the Premier League, and it appears Spurs hope to take advantage by signing Grealish on the cheap.
They could find the 22-year-old’s price pushed up by a bidding war, however, as Chelsea, Fulham and Leicester prepare to enter the auction.
Grealish was Villa’s talisman in the second half of the season, inspiring a fourth-place finish in the Championship with a string of impressive performances in midfield.
Arsenal close in on treble of signings
Arsenal are edging closer to a triple swoop for Lucas Torreira, Bernd Leno and Sokratis Papastathopoulos, reports the Evening Standard.
The signing of Torreira would set the Gunners back £26 million, with Leno another £20 million. Sokratis is expected to sign on July 1 in a £16 million deal, pushing the cost of this trio of arrivals to £62 million, with Unai Emery reportedly having a £50 million budget to spend this summer.
Thus, to balance the books, sales are likely in the offing. The report states that Lucas Perez is likely to leave North London, and Shkodran Mustafi too could be sacrificed in the name of raising funds for further signings.
– Manuel Pellegrini will return to Manchester City to ask if he can borrow Brahim Diaz on a season-long loan, claims the Sun. The 18-year-old midfielder is highly rated by Pep Guardiola, and is seen as the perfect replacement for the injured Manuel Lanzini at West Ham.
– Antoine Griezmann is expected to announce a decision on his future on Thursday, reports Mundo Deportivo. The Atletico Madrid star has been deliberating over a move to Barcelona for what feels like an eternity.
– While the Premier League’s biggest clubs circle Fiorentina midfielder Federico Chiesa, The Athletic reports that La Viola could turn to Atlanta United standout and MLS All-Star Miguel Almiron to fill the void left by the 20-year-old’s expected departure.
– Lazio sporting director Igli Tare is headed to London to finalise the sale of Felipe Anderson to West Ham in a &eeuo;30 million deal, according to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano.
– Burnley plan to bid £25 million for West Brom pair Jay Rodriguez and Craig Dawson, according to the Daily Mail. The Baggies will reportedly rebuff the offer, despite the duo wishing to speak to the Clarets.